Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: In Dr. Jezebel's dreams... ^_~

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The doujinshi came! ^__^ It's actually a collection of a couple really short stories, some single-page pics, and a lot of people advertising their doujinshi. ^^;;

    But one of the two doujinshi is what happens in Dr. J's dreams, and the other is Cain and Merry being just revoltingly cute... ^__^

    The thing is, [a] they wrote all the way over into the margins >.< and [b] they put single lines of vertical text through lots of artwork. I have NO idea how to make this fit the shape of English words...

    If I scanned the original pages into Photoshop 6, added a transparent layer on top that had the English translations, and put the Photoshop versions on a file server somewhere, would some saintly person be willing to take that and make it all edited and web-JPGable and pretty...?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I could try. Post, we shall see, ne? ^-^=

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ooh, and I could also help! ^^ *scuffs foot* Ummm...Risu-chan? Would it be possible for s-c.net to put this up on our site so that other people can read wonderful Cain doujinshi as well? ^^ (oooh...I wonder what our dear doctor dreams about...)

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Possible...? I'd be grateful if you would! ^__^ Thank you!

    Got it translated tonight; now the only question is how long it takes me to come up with decent scans... ^^;;;

    as for what Dr. J. dreams about... it's kind of sad. (In the pathetic sense. Er, that could be misread too; um... in the 'it makes you feel sorry for him' sense rather than the 'my God what a freak' sense... he invokes plenty of the latter on plenty of other occasions, but not this particular one...)

    Forewarning: the art's nowhere near Kaori Yuki's standard, but hey, they're amateurs; everybody please cut 'em some slack... ^_~

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got ambitious and scanned it this morning before class.

    But there was a slight problem with the Photoshop idea: A 750 K JPG of page 7 turned into a 3.5Mb Photoshop file. >.<

    I have 25 meg of space available for use, of which five or six are taken with skins. And the Zip file with just the JPG versions is 17 megabytes -- I'm wondering if I should have scanned it lower than 150 DPI which is what I usually scan at... anyhow.

    So it turns out there's no way I can actually store the Photoshop versions anywhere... plus it took me all lunch hour to do Photoshop versions of two of them, at which point I looked at the folder size and went "gurk!" and realized there was no point in doing the rest that way because I couldn't put it anywhere...

    Anyhow, if anyone feels ambitious enough to match the translation to the Japanese originals, here's the Zip file with all relevant JPGs and the translation:

    Orange Jam doujinshi Zip file

    Help...? ^^;;; Thanks in advance, anyone who wants to give it a shot!

    (ed: realized I'd given the URL to the folder, not the file; fixed now...)

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ February 21, 2003 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Risu-chan ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yay! Cain doujinshi!

    I wouldn't know anything about Photoshop because I just use PSP 7 and import the files from my scanner using TWAIN... @_@ I scan everything at 300 DPI though and then resize it and save it as png.

    I think I'll try to match the translations just for fun XD

  7. #7
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hum, okay, I got it. now, there aren,t any page 6 or what?

    but the art is nice enought ^^

    tkx! ( I'm doing it now, but it's a little long since there was words on the draw)

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There was, but it was an ad... pages 1-5 are cool single-page pics from random spots scattered through the book (not literally 1-5 but the numbers were free ^^;; [img]wink.gif[/img] and any other unnumbered sections were either ads or artist monologues I didn't feel like translating (I'm bad at reading people's handwriting)...

    BTW, if anyone else wants the raw files, please grab that Zip today or tomorrow (Sunday) at the latest. I need to take it down tomorrow night; if it's up through the work week, I'm on so many work mailing lists that I'm going to start bouncing work email, which is a bad thing to do... so get it while it's there 'cause it's going away soon! ^^;;;

    I really am going to catch up with the rest of the threads tomorrow... honest... ^^;;;;

  9. #9
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    okay, so i'm up to page 11 when I thought "oh, what if I'm doing it all wrong?" so okay, there is a sample, is it okay? hum,it's big since I left the size . I'll arrange that in the end only.

    page 9
    tkx

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    SWEET! ^________^ I *love* the drop shadows on the thought text and how you fixed up the parts where they were writing over hair/legs/stuff... how do you DO that?

    Color me seriously impressed... ^___^

    Oh yeah, and you've got the right text in the right spots and stuff... score!

    (wishing I had a web cam so y'all could roll on the floor at the "Risu-chan-has-a-laptop-in-her-lap-but-is-trying-to-do-the-happy-dance-anyway dance"... ^_~)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •